30 January 2014

It's the little things

Every day, I put a random holiday of the day on my agenda.  There are some really weird holidays out there.  On Friday, it was National Compliment Day.  Suddenly I was struck with inspiration.  There was about 15 minutes until 1st block started so I jumped on Google and typed "Free Compliments" and found this:

It wasn't exactly what I wanted, but it gave me inspiration to design a quick publication in Publisher.  I printed out a couple sheets and quick ran down the hall to hang them up around school.

Then I basically forgot about them.  I do random things like this all the time and do it with the hopes that someone benefits, but I don't want any recognition for what I do.  So I don't dwell on things, I push them out of my mind.

At the end of the day, I was having a TED Ed Club meeting.  One of the seniors walks in and says "I just got a compliment in the hallway about my outfit."  We all look at her and she holds up one of the tear off sheets from the flyer I hung up early.  Then she said that when she saw the flyer it made her feel so much better about her day.

Sometimes it's the little things that make all the difference in someone's day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Moving Day

I want to thank everyone who has been reading this blog. It is time to get a more professional look to the site so this blog will be moving ...