I have not been reflective enough this school year; at least not here and not in a formal manner. A random tweet came up about The Homework Meme. While I am not interested in participating in the actual meme (still not sure what a meme really is and why they are so popular), I thought some of the topics would make for an interesting blog post. Also, it would give me the kick in the butt I need to write more.
1. Share 11 Random Facts About Myself
1. Share 11 Random Facts About Myself
- I have been in 2 movies. I was at a Mets game with my father and grandmother and they filmed the crowd to use in a scene for Three Men and a Little Lady. Then a few years ago, I was visiting family in Pittsburgh and while at a Pirates game, they were filming a scene for Abduction with Taylor Lautner. We were half a section over from the filming and saw him. If you slow the movie down, you can see an extremely blurry view of us.
- I once drove from NJ to Vegas in 41 hours.
- As of this posting, I am one of only three people in NJ with Google Glass and the only educator in the state.
- Despite my occupation and what everyone thinks about me, I have a serious fear of talking in front of a large group of people.
- My first three part-time jobs all went bankrupt within a year of me quitting.
- One of my many summer job experiences included working in a butcher shop. Learned a lot that summer!
- You can find my name on Wikipedia.
- I name all of my cars. It is something I picked up from my childhood best friend. Penelope, Clarise, JoJo, Portia have been mine while Amy and Sadie have been my wife's.
- I have a hard time creating lists that contain more than 5 things on them.
- I could say chocolate before I could say mommy.
- If I could meet anyone it would be my sons in 30 years to see what they are like when they are my age now.
2. 11 Questions from The Homework Meme
- If you weren't in education, what would you do instead?
- I am fascinated by pyrotechnics and fireworks. I think it stems from my love of science and chemistry, but it is also because they are so amazing. It is a controlled explosion that produces wonder and awe. How could you not love them?
- Pencil or Pen?
- I was raised in school to always use pens. If it is not neon, I won't pick it up. But, I lean toward pencils now.
- Last Book You Read
- I am currently in the middle of Ape House by Sara Gruen. Her previous book is Water for Elephants. It is pretty good so far, but I am hoping it gets a little better in the middle like Water for Elephants did.
- Guilty Pleasure
- Twizzlers. I bought a 4.5 lb bag at Hershey Park this summer and ate it myself. I would have eaten it that day, but my wife wouldn't let me. I actually ate a 1lb bag while watching a movie and made myself sick.
- Has tech made your life easier or harder?
- Yes, but in many ways I have had to work so much harder because of it. But, overall, I can't imagine my life without it.
- If you could give your younger self advice, what would it be?
- It is all worth it.
- What is your favorite blog to read?
- There are several that I really enjoy and several that I like to read because I always learn something new and several that I read for both reasons. I would hate to say there is one that is my favorite so I linked three here.
- Would you ever wear orange pants?
- Hell's no. But I do have a pair of orange socks with black dots.
- What is the one thing you hope to do in the future?
- I want to win an award. I was watching the #EduBros Award show and was thinking that I want to be nominated for something next year.
- Favorite thing to do on a Friday night
- Watch Grimm. Love that show!!
I tend to write in pieces. This post took 7 days to put together. I promise to make a better effort in 2014.