23 December 2013

A Blogger's HW

I have not been reflective enough this school year; at least not here and not in a formal manner.  A random tweet came up about The Homework Meme.  While I am not interested in participating in the actual meme (still not sure what a meme really is and why they are so popular), I thought some of the topics would make for an interesting blog post.  Also, it would give me the kick in the butt I need to write more.

1.  Share 11 Random Facts About Myself
  • I have been in 2 movies.  I was at a Mets game with my father and grandmother and they filmed the crowd to use in a scene for Three Men and a Little Lady.  Then a few years ago, I was visiting family in Pittsburgh and while at a Pirates game, they were filming a scene for Abduction with Taylor Lautner.  We were half a section over from the filming and saw him.  If you slow the movie down, you can see an extremely blurry view of us.
  • I once drove from NJ to Vegas in 41 hours.
  • As of this posting, I am one of only three people in NJ with Google Glass and the only educator in the state.
  • Despite my occupation and what everyone thinks about me, I have a serious fear of talking in front of a large group of people.
  • My first three part-time jobs all went bankrupt within a year of me quitting.
  • One of my many summer job experiences included working in a butcher shop.  Learned a lot that summer!
  • You can find my name on Wikipedia.
  • I name all of my cars.  It is something I picked up from my childhood best friend.  Penelope, Clarise, JoJo, Portia have been mine while Amy and Sadie have been my wife's.
  • I have a hard time creating lists that contain more than 5 things on them.
  • I could say chocolate before I could say mommy.
  • If I could meet anyone it would be my sons in 30 years to see what they are like when they are my age now.

2.  11 Questions from The Homework Meme
  • If you weren't in education, what would you do instead?
    • I am fascinated by pyrotechnics and fireworks.  I think it stems from my love of science and chemistry, but it is also because they are so amazing.  It is a controlled explosion that produces wonder and awe.  How could you not love them?
  • Pencil or Pen?
    • I was raised in school to always use pens.  If it is not neon, I won't pick it up.  But, I lean toward pencils now.
  • Last Book You Read
    • I am currently in the middle of Ape House by Sara Gruen.  Her previous book is Water for Elephants.  It is pretty good so far, but I am hoping it gets a little better in the middle like Water for Elephants did.
  • Guilty Pleasure
    • Twizzlers.  I bought a 4.5 lb bag at Hershey Park this summer and ate it myself.  I would have eaten it that day, but my wife wouldn't let me.  I actually ate a 1lb bag while watching a movie and made myself sick.
  • Has tech made your life easier or harder?
    • Yes, but in many ways I have had to work so much harder because of it.  But, overall, I can't imagine my life without it.
  • If you could give your younger self advice, what would it be?
    • It is all worth it.
  • What is your favorite blog to read?
    • There are several that I really enjoy and several that I like to read because I always learn something new and several that I read for both reasons.  I would hate to say there is one that is my favorite so I linked three here.
  • Would you ever wear orange pants?
    • Hell's no.  But I do have a pair of orange socks with black dots.
  • What is the one thing you hope to do in the future?
    • I want to win an award.  I was watching the #EduBros Award show and was thinking that I want to be nominated for something next year.  
  • Favorite thing to do on a Friday night
    • Watch Grimm.  Love that show!!
I tend to write in pieces.  This post took 7 days to put together.  I promise to make a better effort in 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Moving Day

I want to thank everyone who has been reading this blog. It is time to get a more professional look to the site so this blog will be moving ...