25 April 2011

Attack of the Fred

A couple of months ago I read The Fred Factor by Mark Sanborn.  For those of you unfamiliar with the book, the basic concept is that we all need to go above and beyond in our jobs, our lives and our relationships.  Don't just do your job well, take strides to do it exceptionally well and others around you will begin to do the same.  So far I have put into people's mailboxes...
  • colored markers with a note that said "The weather outside may be frightful, but this marker will hopefully make your day delightful."
  • a Hershey's hug and kiss with a note that said "Everyone deserves a hug and a kiss on Valentine's Day"
  • a Dum-Dumb lollipop
the markers were only given to those in my department and a few others.  I expanded to giving candy to the secretaries (who LOVE to receive gifts).  But, the lollipops I decided to start giving to everyone.  Now I have to say that these were not met with the enthusiasm that I expected.  In fact, two people left the markers behind in front of the mailboxes and others left their lollipops behind.  But I will not let this deter me.  So I asked my wife to purchase 14 dozen plastic eggs and lots of candies, and my son and I spent about 30 minutes filling the eggs.

Hopefully tomorrow these Easter eggs will bring a smile to everyone's face.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Moving Day

I want to thank everyone who has been reading this blog. It is time to get a more professional look to the site so this blog will be moving ...